Every woman wants to look wonderful on her wedding day but, to strike the perfect pose for those pictures that will last a lifetime, it pays to prepare early.
Here are our tips for putting your best face forward, whether you’ve got 2 or 12 months before you walk down the aisle.
12 months out.
- Get camera perfect. Create the very best version of you for a great wedding album – use the latest Dermal Fillers to contour your facial features. It’s easy to enhance your natural look by making subtle changes to your jawline, chin or cheeks. Try this 12 months out to make sure you get the optimal effect.
- Stop wigging out. Adrenal fatigue caused by too much stress can impact your appearance as well as your health. If you’re run off your feet trying to get everything done, get into the habit of writing down a daily to-do list and tick things off as you go along to make you feel calmer and on track. Exercise is perfect for reducing stress and it doesn’t matter what kind you do. Go for a quick walk around the block or work up a sweat at the gym – you’ll be amazed how much better you feel.
- Say a few ‘oms.’ Taking the time to quiet your mind by meditating for 15-20 minutes each day does wonders for your state of mind and your inner glow during the busy lead up to your big day. These days it’s easier than ever to get into the habit with guided meditations from beginners to gurus available in your favourite app store.
- Super healthy skin. Boost the health of your skin with a range of treatments with no downtime needed – or book 3-4 treatments ahead of your wedding day for best effect. Banish breakouts, minimise pores hydrate and smooth your face, neck and décolletage with our Carbon Laser Facial. Get a peel to refresh and revive your skin or try our Beauty Booster to leave your skin feeling and looking gorgeous. Check out our Full Dec Special coming this November – it’s a great way to kick-start a new, beautiful you.
- Moisturise from within. Dehydrated skin is ultra ageing. It makes your skin dull and encourages make-up to congregate in your wrinkles and pores, leaving you looking cracked and lacklustre. Do your skin a favour – start your hydration regime from within by drinking 8 glasses of water a day (more during summer and exercise). Sleep dehydrates, so remember to cleanse your body as soon as you wake up with 2 glasses before coffee, then another 2 before lunch. Add a good squeeze of half a lemon and a pinch of mineral salt for extra cleansing benefits.
8 weeks out.
- Smooth out your frown lines. It’s time to get serious about lines so your bridal make-up won’t show them up. If you have deep, permanent lines, think about getting a Dermal Filler Treatment 5-6 weeks out before your wedding day or a muscle relaxant treatment to smooth out your skin and make you look younger.
- Banish redness. You can reduce unwanted pigment, skin discolouration and redness while simultaneously boosting your collagen with IPL &/or Laser Treatments. The best thing is that both feature minimum downtime, so you can have a treatment closer to your big day.
- Most importantly, have fun. Choose activities and treatments you enjoy – the key to a blissful lead up to your wedding is to pamper yourself. Try a range of different things such as Infrared Sauna, Float Tank or Cryotherapy sessions to encourage a healthy mind and body.
24 hours out.
- Get some serious shut-eye. Nothing beats a good sleep for making you look fresh and well-rested. Take the time to get 8-10 hours of sleep the night before – we promise you’ll feel ready to take on the world.
Start prepping your best face now.
Get a free wedding beauty consultation with our friendly team. Call x today.