Do you feel not a day over 25, but when you look in the morning mirror, it’s a whole different story?
If those tell-tale fine lines, expression marks and forehead creases that are starting to take hold – and if no amount of slathering on over-the-counter anti-ageing facial creams seem to be stemming the tide of Mother Time. It may be time to start contemplating a muscle relaxant treatment.
Over the last 10 years, we have seen a major increase in the popularity of muscle relaxant treatments with all ages and sexes, as they’re a quick way to get a smoother, more youthful appearance.
But are muscle relaxant treatments safe & is it the right treatment for you?
They’ve come a long way, baby.
Once upon a time, mention using a muscle relaxant to treat facial wrinkles and you’d be inundated with well-meaning friends warning you of the side effects.
Most people worry about developing a face-frozen, expressionless look. But times have changed, and today’s treatments have advanced considerably.
Choosing an experienced cosmetic injector is vital. They’re trained to target specific muscles so you can achieve the exact look you want without looking peculiar.
b clinic’s doctors and practitioners are fully trained in the latest muscle relaxant techniques. Better still, we’ve been helping our clients target a wide range of skin concerns with injectables for over 20 years, so we know how to find a treatment that will work for your unique needs.
In fact, today’s treatments can profoundly and naturally reduce your wrinkles – whether you have crow’s feet, frown lines, forehead creases or all of the above (for a full list of what can you can have treated, click here).
Muscle relaxants are also a very safe and effective way to treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) for underarms, feet or palms.
How to choose the right practitioner.
At your initial consultation, talk to your practitioner openly about what you want and what you don’t want. They can examine your facial expressions to create a customised plan for you that includes the correct amount of product needed to create the result you desire.
Also, it’s a good idea to choose a practitioner or clinic who charges by the area targeted rather than the amount of muscle relaxant units used.
Why? Because using less muscle relaxant doesn’t always equal a more natural result. You want your practitioner to use precisely the amount that treats your area of concern optimally. Otherwise, you can be left with unusual forehead lines, uneven eyebrows or worse “Dr Spock” brows.
Other things you need to know.
- Results may vary. Every person is different, but your muscle relaxant treatment will typically last between 2 and 6 months.
- Look for that tell-tale twitch. To maintain your smooth results and prevent further wrinkles forming, schedule a visit to your practitioner when you start to see unwanted muscle movement – e.g. when your forehead lines start creasing again.
- Remember, some wrinkles give you character. If you want a natural look, remember that some wrinkles make your expressions uniquely yours. You want to soften lines and wrinkles without making your face look like a mask.
- Top-ups should be free. If you find your targeted wrinkles are still visible a week after your initial treatment, book in for a review and ask whether you might need a muscle relaxant top up treatment to get the final result you want. b clinic offers complimentary reviews and the top-up treatments for free.
- New and nursing mums steer clear. It’s best not to have muscle relaxant treatment if you’re expecting or a new mum.
Target facial lines and wrinkles today…
Book a complimentary muscle relaxant treatment consultation online or call 1300 558 188 now.