Learn how to prevent the signs of ageingUnfortunately we’re all subject to aging – at least until scientists discover the elixir of life. Until that day, there are still some key things you can do to slow down how aging affects your appearance. And it’s best to start early in your mid-twenties (sometimes younger!).
Help prevent the signs of aging with these 6 simple steps.
Whether those first tell-tale signs of aging are caused by your immediate environment, your lifestyle, or your genes, here’s our top 6 tips on how to turn back the clock as much as possible:
- Use sunscreen. It’s scary how many people brave damaging UV rays each day because they don’t apply adequate sunblock – and they’re looking older as a result. Always wear 50+ SPF to prevent facial brown spots and skin discolouration, red veins and blotchiness. It also slows down wrinkle formation and premature aging of your skin. Enough said.
- Eat well. Making healthy eating (and drinking) a priority is so important for keeping up appearances. Poor diet can make your skin look dull and lifeless, while too much alcohol can deeply dehydrate your skin and make you look older well before your time.
- Sleep more. Your grandma knew her stuff – adequate sleep each night gives you a natural glow. When you’re sleep deprived, dark circles and bags under your eyes make you look years older. Also, getting enough sleep inoculates you from feeling down in the dumps for 24 hours – which means you’re more likely to have the energy to eat well and look after your skin properly.
- Relax. Yes, you should get some me-time regularly, take a deep breath and let the worries of the day slide away. But that’s not the kind of relaxation we’re talking about. If you’re already seeing some lines appear on your face, prevent them from deepening or becoming permanent with the latest Muscle Relaxant Treatments that eradicate them while still looking natural.
- Make it glow. If you’ve burned the candle at both ends for far too long, your skin might need a pick-me-up to get its glow on again. Light Peels, Microdermabrasion, DermaPen skin needling, and our Beauty Booster Treatment can all improve your skin’s texture for a fresher, more radiant appearance.
- Fill in time. Focussed on treating hollowing or lost volume in your cheek or mid-face areas? If they’re getting you down you might like to try a Dermal Filler treatment – it’s particularly great for nasiolabial folds and your tear trough area where wrinkle lines & volume loss can become a problem.