Time flies, doesn’t it? It doesn’t seem that long ago you were celebrating the 2015 Melbourne Cup racing season – and now here you are, turning your attention once again to matching those fiendishly feathery fascinators to your favourite frock.
The key to stunning the crowd at race celebrations is to keep everything looking elegantly simple. And that means you shouldn’t leave all your primping to the last moment – all that perfection takes time, ladies! So here’s our top 5 beauty tips to check off your list:
- Go Highbrow. Nothing beats a perfectly arched brow to set off your outfit. Book in for a brow sculpting session well in advance, so you can give your brow artist time to work her magic. But if your brows are less than stellar, there’s new hope on the horizon. Feather Touch Brow tattooing helps even those seriously challenged in the brow department can have natural looking, luxurious, and perfectly fleek brows that no one will be able to guess aren’t your own.
- Smooth and Erase. For flawless selfies, target those wrinkles now with one of our muscle relaxant treatments. Non-invasive and non-surgical, it’s the ideal way to look younger without going under the knife. Unwanted frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines disappear, leaving your skin silky smooth and the perfect base for an all-day foundation.
- Details Count. Don’t overlook your manicure and pedicure – you don’t want to come to the party dressed to the nines and then realise your nails are chipped and forlorn.
- Book a manicure the day before or the morning of the big event. Race day etiquette suggests no super long talons – think a ladylike medium length with square/round tips. Choose a shade that compliments your outfit, or if in doubt, a pretty pastel pink works well with everything. If you’re feeling bold, fire red makes a serious statement.
- Get Your Glow On. Give your skin a flattering glow with an all over spray tan a few days before the big day. But don’t go overboard – this is not the venue for dark, heavy fake tans! Remember, the look is Melbourne springtime, so those ladies haven’t seen the sun for very long!
- Colour Pops. Complete your race day look with a brand new luxury lipstick in a bold colour – experts predict we’ll be seeing a lot of strong pinks and fuchsias this spring carnival. But it’s all to do with your dress – choose a shade to match or complement what you’re wearing. Don’t forget to prep your lip, because longevity matters when you’re sipping champagne under the marquee. Use a hydrating lip balm, outline your lip with a pencil and don’t forget to follow up your lipstick with a touch of mineral gloss shine. Try Australian-made Issada Cosmetics for a full range of treatment and mineral lipsticks to pamper your pout. And don’t forget to pop your lippy in your purse for touch-ups throughout the day.
Just remember the best accessory at the races is feeling confident in how your look – just choose the perfect balance of demure and bold statement and you’ll be on to a winner!
Speak to us about how we can help you can get picture perfect for this year’s racing carnival today Call 1300558188.