There are a few DO’s and DON’TS to consider before your next dermal filler or anti-wrinkle treatment. Here, our cosmetic nurse injector Brad covers what you should do to prepare for the best possible outcome of your next cosmetic injectable treatment while also providing tips on not to overwhelm yourself with certain supplements that may increase the risks of bruising/swelling.
Anti-Wrinkle Pre-Treatment Tips
To reduce the chances of bruising, please avoid the following.
- Omega 3/Fish oil
- NSAID Pain relievers – (Ibuprofen/Naproxen)
- Blood Thinners (If safe to do so from your GP)
Schedule your Anti-wrinkle treatment at least two weeks before a special event you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Anti-wrinkle injections will take approximately 7-14 days to appear. Bruising and swelling may occur in that period.
If you are trying to get pregnant or breastfeeding, you are not eligible for this treatment.
Dermal Fillers Pre-Treatment Tips
- Minimise alcohol consumption for a minimum of 24 hours before injectable treatment. Alcohol can thin the blood, making it easier for bruising to occur.
- Avoid certain supplements and medications before the procedure. If it is safe, do so or speak to your GP.
- Stop all NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications) such as aspirin, Advil, Aleve, Nuprin, Bufferin, and Ibuprofen.
- Stop all herbal supplements such as fish oil, ginkgo, and ginseng (a multi-vitamin is ok to continue).
- Please discuss any history of allergies and current medications you are taking with your injector.
- If you have a history of cold sores, it is important to let your provider know. There is a risk that the treatment could lead to an outbreak.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is not safe for you to undergo any cosmetic injections.
- Do not schedule your treatment within 3-weeks of any big event.
To book your complimentary consultation with Brad call 1300 558 188.